My Perfect Wife by Clare Boyd


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 382 pages
Expected publication: March 4th 2020 by Bookouture
About the Book:
I finally have everything I ever wanted. A home with floor-to-ceiling windows, a devoted husband who dazzles everyone he meets, and two angelic children I adore. But as I watch my husband chatting with the girl next door, I wonder if anyone can see the sadness in my pretty pink smile, or hear the scream behind my straight white teeth? I know I’m crazy to think there’s a hint of desire in his eyes. I know it's madness to see a flicker of fear in hers. I know all this, because I’ve been wrong before. And if I’m wrong again, he’ll try to take my children away. The party is my last chance to prove to my husband that I’m on the mend, that I can handle something as simple as a drinks reception without snapping under the pressure. It’s all going perfectly, until I see something in the swimming pool that changes everything. But if I can’t trust myself to believe it’s real, who will?


Clare Boyd certainly knows how to ramp up the tension and write an enjoyable domestic suspense. This book is told via two points of view, Elizabeth and Heather. For some reason Elizabeth's chapters held my attention and I enjoyed them much more than Heather's. Maybe because she was full of anguish and misery while Heather seemed a little boring compared to the tumultuous Elizabeth.

I really loved the ease of Clare Boyd’s writing style. It is so engaging and she was able to keep my attention throughout. Right from the start I was hooked and I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough to see how it was all going to unfold. I also really enjoyed how Ms. Boyd slowly built up the tension along the way, creating suspense in the lead up to the explosive finale. The author has done a great job with this story and her writing embodies everything that makes a suspenseful book great.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It isn't my first by Clare Boyd and it definitely won’t be my last. From the striking cover, (that is so significant to the story), a chilling addictive plot, well developed characters that is all told through engaging writing, My Perfect Wife was an absolute pleasure to read and review which I can’t recommend highly enough!

Thank you NetGalley, Clare Boyd and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#MyPerfectWife #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa