The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley #3) by Anna-Lou Weatherley


☆☆☆☆1/2
ebook, 305 pages
Expected publication: January 16th 2020 by Bookouture
About the Book:
Beth and Cath are leaving their husbands. This is a story about two very different women. One is wealthy and having an affair with a man who gives her the kind of love that her cold, detached husband does not. One is living hand to mouth, suffering at the hands of a violent partner who would rather see her dead than leave him. You may think you know these women already and how their lives will unfold. Beth will live happily ever after with her little girl and her soulmate. Cath will go back to her abusive husband. And these two women will never cross paths. But you will be wrong. On the 3.15pm train from London to Bristol, Beth and Cath are about to meet and discover they share one shocking thing in common.


This book reminded me SO much of Strangers on a Train! And I LOVED it!
He wasn’t born a monster, monsters are made.

When I requested this on NetGalley I didn't realize it was the third book in a series. No worries though as it reads great as a stand alone. I enjoyed it so much I am looking forward to reading the first two books and am hoping for more from Detective Dan Riley. That is saying a lot from me as I do not usually go for serial books.

The author has a lot of ingenuity and insight, to say the very least, and at times I could hardly believe what I was reading...I still could not stop even though it was extreme regarding the psychological aspect. If you like a twisted psychological thriller I'd recommend this book for you.

Right from the first chapter I knew it was going to be so twisted and so different than any other thriller I've read and I was absorbed completely. The Stranger's Wife is a gripping, emotional psychological thriller that questions everyone's judgment and keeps you hostage till the end. I had loads of fun out of this messy ride and happily give 4.5 stars to this book. I will add Anna-Lou Weatherley to my must-lookout authors list and cannot wait to read more from her.

Thank you NetGalley, Anna-Lou Weatherley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheStrangersWife #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman