The Family Next Door by Fiona Cummins


☆☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Expected publication: January 28th 2020 by Pinnacle and Kensington Books
About the Book:
For Sale: Lovely family home, ready for your updates. Friendly neighborhood setting close to park; secluded. If not for the bodies discovered in the woods behind their new home, Garrick and Olivia Lockwood couldn't have afforded to buy number 25 The Avenue. It's the fresh start they and their two children badly need. Soon, these terrible crimes will be solved, they tell themselves, and once Garrick has remodeled, he's confident they'll sell the house for a profit. But the darkest secrets can reside on quiet, ordinary streets like this--behind the doors of well-kept houses and neighbors' friendly faces. Secrets that can destroy a family, or savagely end a life, and will surface just when they're least expected.


Oh my gosh, this book literally had me holding my breath! This book was amazing, disturbing and suspenseful. The writing was superb, the characters were very realistic and well-developed, and the plot moved along at a fast page-turning pace. And as with any thriller, there was a plot/character twist but I guarantee that you won’t see it coming or be able to figure out whodunit.

I don’t get scared easily but I love to psych myself out and I was able to do so from the very first page of this book. Suspense, characters you want to know about, and short chapters kept this reader up at night to read what happened. I can’t wait to see what else Fiona Cummins has up her sleeve!

Thank you NetGalley, Fiona Cummins, Pinnacle and Kensington Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheFamilyNextDoor #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman