What Next? by Shari Low

What Next?
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 285 pages
Expected Publication: 13 Apr 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
Val Murray and her best friend, Josie had been planning a ‘Thelma and Louise’ bucket list style holiday. Now Josie is gone, and Val needs to make the trip before it’s too late. But Val doesn’t want to do it alone, so she enlists the help of her nieces, Carly and Carole, and their best pal, Jess, who jump at the chance to join Val on a trip of a lifetime. What Val doesn’t realise is that Carly, Carole and Jess are all at turning points in their own lives, nursing crushing secrets, lies and betrayals. Somewhere between Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York they all hit a crossroads and have to decide if they want to return to the lives they left behind or let Josie’s last wishes take them on a brand new adventure.

My Review: 
I love Shari Low's books. I have read both The Story of Our Secrets and One Summer Sunrise and they were five star reads for me. Ms. Low has done it yet again with What Next? She always manages to make me feel all the feels with her writing and I love that. I did not know that some characters from the What If? Series were in this and that maybe this is a third book? BUT have no fear, it can be read as a stand alone. Needless to say I will be reading the other books tout de suite.

I really liked how this story was both humourous and heartfelt. I really enjoyed the female friendship angle and I loved that these ladies were older. The characters felt real and true to life and they were all people I'd like to be friends with. Their lives aren't perfect but who's life is? As always, with Ms. Low's books, this was a joy to read. I have to take a moment to say I love the colourful covers of her books as well. They are always so beautiful and fit what it is written inside.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Shari Low and Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

#WhatNext #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa