The Feud by Gemma Rogers

The Feud
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB 308 pages
Expected Publication: 10 May 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
The day my path crossed with Simon Fox I thought I’d already lost everything but then he almost ran me off the road with his flash car and belittling jibes. The men in my life had undermined me for too long. Enough was enough. Fuelled by alcohol and the desire to get even, I decided a spot of petty vandalism would make me feel a whole lot better. Wrong. Very wrong...I hadn’t realised that Simon Fox was not a man to be messed with. He showed me just how much I still had left to lose.

My Review:
This is my first read by this author and it is a hard one to rate and review. I didn't like it at first as the main character was whiney and a man hater. There is also a lot going on in this book and one of the surprises wasn't a surprise at all. BUT the book got better as it went along and I ended up flipping pages to find out what was going to happen. I was floored by some reveals and the story was shocking in some places, that Simon guy was simply loathsome. I wish I had liked Kay more as it would have made my reading more enjoyable. She was a little pathetic and blamed all her problems on men instead of looking inside herself and her need for alcoholics antonymous and a class on anger management. I would have had some sympathy for her had she tried to help herself instead of blaming everyone else for her lot in life. It was also a little repetitive and for those reasons I can't bump it up to four stars.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Gemma Rogers and Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

#TheFeud #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa