The Traveling Triple-C Incorporeal Circus by Alanna McFall


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 307 pages
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Atthis Arts
About the Book:
Chelsea is determined to make it to her brother’s wedding. And she’s not going to let the fact that she’s been dead for two years stop her. Joining with her mime friend from a New York City park and her ghostly mentor with forty years of afterlife under her belt, the three women set out on foot for San Francisco. Along the way, they are faced with joy, sorrow, and the haunting surprises of the open road. This humorous and lightly macabre journey explores relationships, personal burdens, and what it means to keep moving, even when your heartbeat has stopped.


Who would figure that a story about a mute mime and a couple of ghosts could turn into such a thoughtful read? I loved spending time meeting Chelsea (who happens to be very dead...I'm sorry, un-dead) and her friends Carmen and Cyndricka. I totally loved this book. I wasn't expecting anything deep, I was looking for a good, fun read...and I found it in this book. But I also found a story of caring and friendship, a story with lessons, a story that says it's ok to be different.

I am not a reader of books from the paranormal section, but the author has done such a different take on what could have been a very typical, boring idea and turned it into something special. Chelsea is funny, naive, caring and has such a pure, non beating heart. She and her friends will have you cheering for them during their journey.

This one surprised me. I was laughing out loud at some parts of this book, and near tears at others. You'll love all the main characters. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with Chelsea, Carmen and Cyndricka. The banter between them was enough to make me want to keep reading through the night.

I honestly chose this book partly based on the cover (cute cover, right?). I am so glad I did. Chelsea is truly one after my own heart. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it, it was funny and smart. The characters are well developed and the story kept me engaged.

Thank you NetGalley, Atthis Arts and Alanna McFall for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TripleC #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa