The Two Hearts of Eliza Bloom by Beth Miller


☆☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 350 pages
Expected publication: March 1st 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
Meet Eliza Bloom: She likes to live life by the rules: long, blue skirt on Thursdays, dinner with mother on Fridays and if someone tells you a Valentine should be anonymous, give your new husband a blank card. Nothing is out of place in her ordered life. But last night her teenage daughter found something in a hidden shoe-box that no-one was supposed to see and started asking questions. Questions that might just change everything in Eliza’s carefully constructed world.


Aliza Bloom is of the Jewish faith and has newly arrived in the "Real World". Throughout it all, readers are provided with a first person point-of-view that is different from any other narrator I have ever read. Eliza views the world in fairly black and white terms. She does not understand many pop culture references, and I found her reactions quite delightful. Her difficulty understanding the real world was intriguing, and her interactions with others were sometimes cringe-worthy and many times humorous.

Above all else, I found Beth Miller's writing style to be very descriptive in a way that enabled me to envision the characters and events in the book in my head, but also to understand exactly how they felt. I found Ms. Miller 's description of Eliza's thoughts and feelings spot-on. Eliza is one of those characters who loving would be very difficult, but I knew from the first chapter that her efforts would make me love her even more dearly. Eliza stole my heart, both of them. ♥ ♥

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Beth Miller for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheTwoHeartsOfElizaBloom #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman