The Lost Night by Andrea Bartz


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Expected publication: February 26th 2019 by Crown Publishing
About the Book:
In 2009, in a loft complex in Bushwick, Edie was the shining star of a group of recent college graduates. Seductive, mercurial and beguiling, she had the social world in her thrall, and she and her best friends treated New York like a playground. When she committed suicide at the end of a long, drunken night, no one could quite believe it. But an overwhelming mix of grief, shock, and long-standing resentment drove each friend into their own corner, and for years, that's where they stayed. A decade later, Lindsay has come a long way from the drug-addled world of Calhoun Lofts. She has a thriving career in magazines as a chief researcher, a cozy apartment, and true adult friendships. But when a chance reunion leads Lindsay to discover an unsettling video from that terrible, hazy night, she starts to wonder if Edie was actually murdered--and, worse, if she herself was involved. As she rifles through those months in 2009--combing through case files, old technology, and her own fractured memory--Lindsay is forced to confront the demons of her violent history to bring the truth to light.


What I loved about this book was the tension. I kept trying to figure out who made the best suspect and who had motive. I constantly changed my mind, becoming suspicious of each character along the way. And honestly, I didn't figure out the ending until it was revealed, which is always a win in my book. I thought this book was an excellent, mysterious read. It captured my attention from beginning to the end and gave me some chills. It had a few twists and turns, which are my very favourite, and even some surprises at the end.

The book was very intriguing and I was kept engaged throughout this story, I was right there right along with Lindsay as she was investigating the supposed suicide of her friend. I enjoyed the twists and turns and most certainly the shocking conclusion. Such a page turner and written so beautifully. Suspenseful books are my favorite genre and I have read quite a lot of them, as a debut author Andrea Bartz has done a fine job delivering this story. I look forward to her next book.

Thank you NetGalley, Crown Publishing and Andrea Bartz for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheLostNight #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman