The Lost Letters of William Woolf by Helen Cullen


☆☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 331 pages
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by HARLEQUIN - Graydon House Books
About the Book:
The Dead Letters Depot.

Inside the walls of a former tea factory, letter detectives work to solve mysteries: missing zip codes, illegible handwriting, rain-smudged ink, lost address labels, torn packages, forgotten street names—these are the twists of fate behind missed birthdays, broken hearts, unheard confessions, pointless accusations, unpaid bills and unanswered prayers.
But when letters arrive addressed simply to “My Great Love,” one longtime letter detective with face his greatest mystery yet, as his quest to follow the clues becomes a life-changing journey of love, hope and courage. Helen Cullen’s The Lost Letters of William Woolf is an enchanting novel about the resilience of the human heart and the complex ideas we hold about love—and a passionate ode to the art of letter writing.


It must be even worse to feel lonely inside a couple than when you’re alone.

I thought this might be a romance book-not my preferred genre. But is this a romance? I guess it is. But it’s more a love story (to the written word) than a true romance...if that makes any sense. A lot of this story isn’t romantic and I think that’s what made it so special. The love between William and Clare was beautiful and pure for much of the story and if it started as romance it wouldn’t have worked. This is a couple I rooted for. My heart broke for them both and I wanted nothing more than for them to have each other.

He needed to escape his own thoughts and drown in other people’s worries, their words and their worlds.

I really enjoyed the story itself. I laughed, I cried, and I came to know and thought of the characters as friends. I very much enjoyed Ms. Cullen's writing style. I thought the character development was so well done, and I loved watching them grow, especially William. I didn't like him at the beginning of the book, but by the end of the book he had come so far that I enjoyed his character. There is a hint of mystery in the book, which gives the story an interesting turn of events. I loved hearing about all the letters and other items from "The Dead Letter Depot".

What do you do when the person you count on most in the world is the person that’s hurting you? Where do you go? To whom do you turn?

This is a completely unforgettable story, truly remarkable. This author’s writing style captivated me from the start. A unique and unconventional love story that you won’t be able to put down. This novel is skillfully conceived, written and edited. This book truly captivated my attention and took me on a whirlwind journey that will stay with me for a while. There are many life lessons here, gently placed rather than shoved down the reader's throat. The characters are genuinely realistic and sorrow, joy, heartbreak and triumph come together in a wonderful way.

He closed his eyes and called to mind two letter writers: one, his wife; one, a ghost. Whose call would he answer?

What a wonderful read, I couldn't put it down. The characters filled my own heart with a feeling of such longing to find their destiny. What wonderful and true life lessons, leaving one with the feeling of having lived in the life of another. It was a lovely book and I look forward to reading more from this author.

Thank you NetGalley, HARLEQUIN, Graydon House Books and Helen Cullen for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheLostLettersOfWilliamWoolf #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman