Finding Grace by K.L. Slater


☆☆☆1/2
ebook, 300 pages
Expected publication: February 14th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
The day after her ninth birthday, Lucie and Blake Sullivan agree, for the very first time, to let their daughter, Grace, make the four-minute walk back home alone from a friend’s house just down the street. They joke with friends about hiding behind bushes to ensure she is safe. But the joke turns sour when Grace does not appear. Despite the best efforts of the police and local community, Grace seems to have vanished into thin air. With hope fading fast, Lucie knows she can rely on her husband to support her through such dark times. That is until the day she makes a shocking discovery, hidden in Blake’s desk, and suddenly she begins to doubt everything she knew about the man she married. But Lucie harbours a terrible secret of her own. One that she has never shared with anyone, even Blake. And as the search for Grace reaches fever pitch, Lucie receives a terrifying message.


An abducted child is a horror that is every parents worse nightmare. K.L. Slater has a way with writing this storyline that draws you in and captures your attention throughout the entire book. I was on the edge of my seat and I was flying through the chapters, eager to see what would happen next. Finding Grace was a fast-paced Psychological Thriller that leaves you reading late into the night.

I enjoyed the who done it vibe to the story. There were a few times when I thought I knew who might be responsible and behind poor little Grace's disappearance, but I was wrong again and again. I love when a story keeps you guessing, and makes you doubt everyone involved. Even those closest to you are under suspicion of being responsible. Who can you trust, if even those who are closest to you, cannot be trusted?

I read a lot of psychological thrillers and this one really kept me hooked. I read it in a couple of sittings. K.L. Slater has never disappointed me and I always look forward to her next book. I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and K.L. Slater for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#FindingGrace #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa