The Diary by Vikki Patis


☆☆
Kindle Edition, 299 pages
Expected publication: November 26th 2018 by Bookouture
About the Book:
I know all your secrets, Lauren.
Lauren has spent years running away from her home town, her childhood and the memories of her best friend, Hannah. Until the tenth anniversary of Hannah’s death forces her to return home and to the group of friends she abandoned there. It should be a quick visit, just so Lauren can pay her respects. At home, Lauren finds Hannah’s old diary. A diary full of secrets. The terrible things Lauren did, the lies she’s told, the reason she ran away. And she receives a message: ‘I don’t know why you’re back, but I know why you left.’ But no-one else has seen the diary, and Hannah’s dead, isn’t she?

The Diary had way too many unecessary characters. It wasn't that it made the book confusing, it was the fact it made it a tad boring.

I thought I was going to love this book because of seeing the story description and the great reviews. However, I was highly disappointed. I don’t like not finishing a book, but I contemplated on putting it down on three different occasions. I decided I had to finish it because maybe there was something I was missing. Unfortunately I wasn’t. The story seemed to be all over the place and there was no evolvement of getting to know the many characters.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Vikki Patis for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheDiary #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa