In Her Shadow by Mark Edwards


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 366 pages
Published October 4th 2018 by Thomas & Mercer
About the Book:
Isabel’s life seemed perfect. Successful business, beautiful house, adoring husband. And then she was dead. For four years Jessica has never doubted that her sister Isabel’s death was an accident. But when Jessica’s young daughter seems to know long-forgotten details about her aunt’s past, Jessica can’t shake the feeling that there’s a more sinister truth behind the tragedy. As Jessica unearths disturbing revelations about her sister, and about the people she loved and trusted most, it becomes clear Isabel’s life was less than perfect and that Jessica’s might also be at risk. Did someone murder Isabel? Are they now after Jessica and her family? The key seems to lie in the hands of a child. Can Isabel reveal the truth from beyond the grave, or is the answer closer to home?


I can almost guarantee you that you will not find another book like In Her Shadow by Mark Edwards. I know I haven’t read anything close to this before, and might I add that the cover art for this book is simply gorgeous, and fitting as well. This book is a one of a kind psychological thriller that will create this unease with in you that you can’t understand until the very last page, it’s a type of book that is so smart that you will be questioning who, what, when, where and why throughout the pages.

This is absolutely the perfect type of book, and one that I have been yearning to read for quite some time now. I absolutely adore psychological thrillers, but feel that they have been lacking in the past couple of years. That could because I’ve read so many that the plots are so obvious to me now, but this one continually had my head spinning about which way was up and which way was down. This is the first book I've read by Mark Edwards, but it won't be my last.

Thank you NetGalley, Thomas & Mercer and Mark Edwards for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#InHerShadow #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa