The New Girl by Ingrid Alexandra

39294696_SY180
Kindle Edition, 283 pages
Published July 16th 2018 by Avon
☆☆
About the Book:
You’ve only just met. But she already knows you so well. When Rachel moves into the spare room in Mary’s flat, everyone is quick to jump to the conclusion that there’s something strange about her. Everyone apart from Mary. And when Rachel starts sleepwalking, everyone’s fears grow. But there’s something about the new girl that Mary can’t help but trust, and having recently escaped a toxic relationship, she needs the support. Rachel becomes a friend and an ally, and Mary soon discovers that they have more in common than she ever could have imagined.


As we read Mary's diary we learn of her violent, volatile relationship with Mark. We also learn she has started a new life, in a new flat, with her friends Ben and Cat. They have an extra room to rent out and that is where Rachel enters the picture, and something seems just a tad familiar.

I’m tired. I can’t think tonight, don’t have the energy. I just want to drink. Be drunk. Forget. I glug the remains of the wine from my glass.
This seems to be the main theme of the story, which is very repetitive. The book is kind of interesting at first but then it dissolves into silly drivel that is just ridiculous. The story is weak and the ending is ridiculous and I found it laughable in more than one place. The characters just were not clicking with me and the storyline seemed monotonous. The more I wanted to like this book, the more I just could not get into it. It seemed liked I was halfway through before the story kicked into gear and we see any action. I did like the premise but the execution just didn't pan out. The main charachter of Mary is so annoying and whiny that I was rooting for the bad guys. I was hoping one would kill her, dump the body, and get away with it. She's that irritating.

I will end this on a positive note, I really loved the cover, it was very colourful and kinda creepy and that fit with the storyline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa