An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen

rsz_140110936
Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Expected publication: January 8th 2019 by St. Martin's Press

☆☆☆☆1/2
About the Book: When Jessica Farris signs up for a psychology study conducted by the mysterious Dr. Shields, she thinks all she’ll have to do is answer a few questions, collect her money, and leave. But as the questions grow more and more intense and invasive and the sessions become outings where Jess is told what to wear and how to act, she begins to feel as though Dr. Shields may know what she’s thinking…and what she’s hiding. As Jess’s paranoia grows, it becomes clear that she can no longer trust what in her life is real, and what is one of Dr. Shields’ manipulative experiments. Caught in a web of deceit and jealousy, Jess quickly learns that some obsessions can be deadly.


I think instead about the guy who just texted, and how he stared after me when I walked toward the museum. With him, I can just be an anonymous girl.

Without a doubt this is one unputdownable read. I made the mistake of picking it up one evening when I went to bed for an early night. I read the first few chapters one the first evening and finished it off the next evening in the second sitting. Obviously no early night for me!

At times it felt a bit like a game of table tennis. Back and forth to see how each character was going to react and what they are going to do next. It really does make for some gripping reading. I didn’t have a clue how it was all going to end but I was desperate to find out.

Though not the most likeable of characters, in some ways you can empathise with them. Each one of them held my interest and left you wanting to get back to them to find out more.

An Anonymous Girl is a page turner of a read that held my interest throughout. I definitely advise picking it up when you know you have no interruptions, as believe me, you won’t be putting it down for a while once you start! A gripping and tense read that will have you racing to the end to discover the truth and how it is going to conclude.

Once again Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen have stolen four hours of my life, but replaced them with a compulsively addictive book that I couldn't tear myself away from, as I was utterly hooked on An Anonymous Girl from the first chapter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa