Mine by Susi Fox

rsz_37419687
ebook, 464 pages
Published March 8th 2018 by Penguin

☆☆☆1/2
About the Book: Waking up after an emergency caesarean, you demand to see your son. But it's someone else's child. No one believes you - not the hospital, not your father, not your loyal husband. They say you're delusional. Dangerous. They suspect you want to steal another baby. All you know is that you must find your own child before he's out of reach forever. And you're a doctor - you would know if you were losing your mind. Right? 

rsz_e73cd7fb_8634_4f06_b3c9_f1cbf859508c_sr970300
Wow, what an utterly gripping, chilling and thought provoking read this was! I like twisty books that keep me guessing and this book certainly did that. I thought this was well written and it kept my interest from the first page to the last, all I can say is, it makes you wonder what is really going on in other people's lives and minds.
rsz_dc47bcba_fb95_4afc_97ae_fe7a437737c1_sr970300
As a parent myself, having read the synopsis, I knew this book would be a "must read" for me. I was drawn in right from the word go. The narratives were clear and easy to read. The final segments of the story were very chilling, and I could picture the whole situation playing out. The ending was the best possible outcome although nonetheless thought provoking and sad.
rsz_f736d4db_60a9_4a08_8cf7_a0ab5d737bd7_sr970300
The lost or stolen child is a familiar theme in psychological thrillers but there is something about the way that Susi Fox treats the theme in Mine that particularly appeals...I think Ms. Fox has one hell of an imagination, and I am very glad she does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa