The New Neighbor by Carter Wilson

The New Neighbor
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 303 pages
Expected Publication: 12 Apr 2022
By: Poisoned Pen Press

About The Book:
Aidan holds the winning Powerball numbers. Is today the best day of his life... or the worst? Aidan Marlowe is the superstitious type—he's been playing the same lottery numbers for fifteen years, never hitting the jackpot. Until now. On the day of his wife's funeral. Aidan struggles to cope with these two sudden extremes: instant wealth beyond his imagination, and the loss of the only woman he's ever loved, the mother of his twin children. But the money gives him and his kids options they didn't have before. They can leave everything behind. They can start a new life in a new town. So they do. But a huge new house and all the money in the world can't replace what they've lost, and it's not long before Aidan realizes he's merely trading old demons for new ones. Because someone is watching him and his family very closely. Someone who knows exactly who they are, where they've come from, and what they're trying to hide. Someone who will stop at nothing to get what they want.

My Review:
Everyone dreams of swimming in money. 
No one realizes, once winning, how easy it is to drown.

Oh my this book, my first by Carter Wilson, was so intriguing. While reading last night I kept saying one more chapter and finally put it down one hundred and fifty pages later. This book has pretty much everything I enjoy about psychological thrillers, it sucked me in, it had some surprises, it had characters to cheer for and characters to hate. I loved getting inside Aidan's head and man was it dark! I loved the back story too as it was so different. I loved the short chapters and it ramped the tension up, I found myself holding my breath at the end of a lot of them! I loved that the new house was a character as well, it made the setting so creepy. This is a standalone story with crossover to his previous novel The Dead Husband and I for one intended to read that as well, but please know you don't have to to be able to enjoy this one.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Carter Wilson and Poisoned Pen Press for the giving of the ARC.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa