The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh

The Love of My Life
☆☆☆
.PDF, 368 pages
Expected Publication: 01 Mar 2022
By: Pan Macmillan, Mantle

About The Book:
You think you know the person you promised to spend the rest of your life with - but what if they've lied about everything? Emma loves her husband Leo and their young daughter Ruby. Of course she does. But she's not been honest with either of them. In fact, pretty much everything she's ever told them about herself is a lie. Leo might never have known, except that he writes obituaries for a living, and it's standard practice to have a draft on file, just in case. After Emma, a one time TV presenter, recovers from a serious illness, he starts to research her life and discovers the facts don't quite add up. As he digs deeper, Leo realizes he can't believe anything Emma says. Even her name is fictitious. But what is she hiding - and why? And does that mean she lied about loving him too?

My Review:
I enjoyed and loved this book so much. Part love story, part mystery, all amazing, it ticked many boxes for me and I couldn't put it down last night. I loved the dual timelines and both points of view, there were also some diary entries as an added bonus. I really loved getting to know Leo and especially Emma and I liked them a lot. There is plenty of internal dialogue and it really gets the reader inside the characters heads. I also learned a lot from this book as the author has done much research about marine biology as that is Emma's profession, and I found it very interesting. Such a unique book of many genres that slowly peeled away the many layers of Emma as a mother, wife and woman. The slow revealing of the secrets had me furiously flipping pages into the wee hours of the morning and I couldn't get through it quick enough, I adored this one. All. The. Stars.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Rosie Walsh and Pan Macmillan, Mantle for the giving of the ARC.

#TheLoveofMyLife #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa