A Girl Like You by Cari Scribner

A Girl Like You
☆☆☆
.ePUB, 311 pages
Expected publication: February 9th 2021 by Circuit Breaker Books

About the Book:
When 50-something Jessica Gabriel finds herself heartbroken and single after failed marriage number two, her adult kids convince her to explore the world of online dating. With a new haircut, a gym membership, and a dating profile as a 49-year-old (everyone knocks a few years off, right?), Jessica trudges through a pool of not-so-eligible bachelors—from a pothead who tells her weed makes sex better, to a much younger man who confuses her with a different lover, to a dominant male with a penchant for clothespins. Meanwhile, Jessica takes a job at the town hall, where she’s often left to do all of the work while her boss spends his days gossiping with his cronies. Eventually, these old-timers grow on Jessica, and she begins to count them as friends. When Jessica witnesses the lengths one of them will go to save his marriage, her hope in love is renewed. Jessica’s journey is full of tears, laughter, and an astonishing amount of sex. She learns the meaning of “catfishing” and “ghosting,” finds herself pushing her sexual boundaries, and ultimately, embraces her independence. With the love and support of her family and friends, Jessica discovers being alone doesn’t have to be lonely.


My Review:
☆☆☆☆☆ YAY! My first five star read of 2021! ☆☆☆☆☆

I loved this book SO much. I felt like I was reading Jessica's diary. She was such a refreshing character, of a certain age....like me and I could relate to this story SO much. This book made me feel so many emotions. It was sad, happy, funny and Jessica was so resilient and independent...There was even lots of sexy time and it felt so authentic.

I love how the book was open ended. The reader can decide for themselves if it end happily ever after or not. I am hoping it mean they're may be a book two as I would be so into that! Needless to say, if Jessica were real...I'd like to be her friend. All. The. Stars.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Cari Scribner and Circuit Breaker Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#AGirlLikeYou #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman