Till Death Do Us Part by Stephen Edger


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 420 pages
Expected publication: May 17th 2019 by Harper Impulse and Killer Reads
About the Book:
It was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. Alice Tandy has dreamed of her wedding since she was a little girl. The perfect venue, the perfect dress, the perfect groom. It’s all going exactly to plan. But then her whole world comes tumbling down. Just as she and her new husband Ben are cutting their wedding cake, three policemen storm in and arrest Ben. Alice looks on in horror, unable to comprehend what is happening. Did they say murder? The next day, Ben is released on bail, but for Alice, the nightmare is only just beginning. And as more details about the murder of Kerry Valentine emerge she starts to realise that everyone around her is keeping secrets. Can she trust anyone? And who really killed Kerry?


This is the second book I’ve read by Stephen Edger. The first book, Little Girl Gone, was one of those perfect binge worthy thrillers that you read in one sitting because it’s just so damn intense and fast paced that you can’t put it down until you finish. Mr. Edger did not disappoint me as I really enjoyed this suspenseful thriller. This book had that same great sense of urgency that kept me flipping pages but also really explored marital bonds and how they can have such a great impact on our lives. I really enjoyed that aspect as it brought something new and thoughtful to a really exciting story.

Since this was such a snappy, quick read I really don’t want to discuss the plot details at all, but I will say that this went in quite a few unexpected directions and most definitely kept me on my toes. I don’t always connect with any sort of depth, to characters in a thriller, but I did feel invested in them during this one.

I’m always pleasantly surprised when a thriller can make me feel something besides fear, etc and this one definitely tugged on my heartstrings. I recommend this as the perfect read to devour over a weekend, it’s pretty addictive. It was a fast-paced, whodunit story that kept me on my toes and kept me turning those pages. I loved both the investigatory part of the book as well as the family drama that was going on.

Till Death Do Us Part is a suspenseful read that had me racing through the pages. The author had me feeling lots of emotions and I loved the journey I was taken on with revelations and twists and turns a plenty. A gripping and entertaining read and definitely deserving of four stars.

Thank you NetGalley, Harper Impulse, Killer Reads and Stephen Edger for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa