Defending JacobDefending Jacob by William Landay

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



We were despised, somebody had to be responsible for Jacob, and we had created the boy and raised him—we must have done something wrong.

I always wanted to read this novel and it was sitting on my shelf for years....then I heard the was a mini series based on the book. I have to read the book before I watch the series so I picked up my paperback yesterday and couldn't put the thing down!

The plot, characters, and action of this novel are simply perfect. Landay's writing is superb: I couldn't stop reading nor imagining such a shocking ending. It raises many moral questions that no parent should ever ponder, but I guess that's what makes this such a powerful book.

The novel is a page-turner from the beginning; and it never lets up. We readers get a intensive look into the American justice system's failures in assuring that the innocent go free and the guilty face justice.

Landay's writing style is different & refreshing. I enjoyed the character development as well as the personalities of each person in the book. This is the first novel of his that I have read and I would definitely read more of his writings.

I am going to start watching the series now and maybe I'll update my review to include that...

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa