In Her Eyes by Sarah Alderson


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 352 pages
Published November 14th 2019 by Hodder & Stoughton and Mulholland Books
About the Book:
Ava's life is the kind other people envy: loving husband; great kids; beautiful house. Until the night that a violent home invasion plunges her world into chaos. In the aftermath of the attack, Ava needs answers to two questions. Who has targeted her family? And why? But things aren't adding up. She is starting to suspect that someone knows more than they are letting on. That everything she thought she knew about the people closest to her was a lie. Ava needs to know what happened that night. And to do that she must decide who she can really trust. Because she's about to discover that her family is in more danger than she ever imagined.


I really enjoyed this book. It was creative, well thought out and well written. I loved how each chapter ended leaving me not able to stop there. The characters were real and fully developed. I shared their fears, joys, suspicions, betrayal, hope, goodness, and lies...you cannot trust anyone. This story absorbed all of my senses. The emotions of each character whether they were in the whole story or only a page or two was written so well that I felt like I was watching the story instead of reading it. The description of details in the surroundings like flowers, the driving conditions and even hygiene made me believe I could see, feel, smell and touch them.

Everyone seems to be hiding something and the suspects in the case change with each turn of the page. The surprise ending is rare for me because generally I can figure out who the culprit is. Not this time, I was intrigue until the end. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a great mystery with interesting characters and lots of plot twists. My first book by this author and I am looking forward to reading more from Sarah Alderson.

Thank you NetGalley, Sarah Alderson, Hodder & Stoughton and Mulholland Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#InHerEyes #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa