When the Time Comes by Adele O'Neill


☆☆☆
ebook, 397 pages
Published November 21st 2019 by Aria
About the Book:
Her husband says it's suicide. The police say it's murder. Liam Buckley was a married man with two teenage children when he moved out of the family home to start a new life with his lover. His wife Jennifer never forgave him, but now she needs him to come back: she's been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and the kids can't cope alone. One day after Liam moves home, Jennifer is found dead. Liam thinks it's suicide. But the police, led by DS Louise Kennedy, are convinced it's murder. Liam hires a retired detective to help prove his innocence, but it's no easy task. The children are distraught, and Jennifer's best friend, Sarah, is waging a campaign against Liam, determined to expose him for a liar and a cheat. As secrets surface from the complex web of Buckley family life, DS Kennedy must decide. Did Jennifer Buckley end her own life, or did Liam take it from her? The answer, when it comes, will shock them all.


It took me a while to get into it, but once I got halfway through, I cannot lie, it keep me wanting to read more. Some of the story is pretty unrealistic and the main character makes some questionable decisions, my goodness I just kept shaking my head. Once you get half way through it’s an easy read and it had some cool twist and turns.

If you’re looking for something challenging to read or something that really makes you think, this book is not for you. I enjoyed it though and glad I made myself finish. It’s definitely a psychological thriller and you just feel for the kids hoping, wishing for all the madness to end.

Thank you NetGalley, Adele O'Neill and Aria for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#WhenTheTimeComes #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman