Someone Like Me by M.R. Carey


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 512 pages
Expected publication: November 6th 2018 by Orbit
About the Book:
SHE LOOKS LIKE ME. SHE SOUNDS LIKE ME.
NOW SHE'S TRYING TO TAKE MY PLACE.

Liz Kendall wouldn't hurt a fly. She's a gentle woman devoted to bringing up her kids in the right way, no matter how hard times get. But there's another side to Liz---one which is dark and malicious. A version of her who will do anything to get her way, no matter how extreme or violent. And when this other side of her takes control, the consequences are devastating. The only way Liz can save herself and her family is if she can find out where this new alter-ego has come from, and how she can stop it.


I am a huge Stephen King fan and as much as I loath to compare authors, this book is VERY Stephen King-ish, and I loved it!

If she could bring the two halves of herself together, and hold them there, wouldn’t they just heal up again into one normal person?
This isn't my usual type of read, as it has a paranormal vibe, but I absolutely devoured this book. I was sucked in from just the first few sentences. It has a certain creepiness to it and you just can't help but to keep reading. This book had me confused, angry, and sad. All of the right emotions to keep me in the story. I never wanted to put it down. If you are looking for a book that is as much a creepiness as it is a thriller then this book is for you. I have read different styles of books from M.R. Carey and he never disappoints. He has a certain talent for story writing.

We have to stop fighting each other. We’re just two halves of the same thing.
M.R. Carey's brain is so twisted - in a GOOD way. He takes us on a turning journey of characters you'll both love and loath. He keeps the story moving with one thrill after another. I finished this book before I was able to write a review, so I took some time to ponder. The more I thought about the plot and characters, the more impressed I am with Mr. Carey's abilities. This is his best book to date.

Thank you NetGalley, Orbit and M.R. Carey for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#SomeoneLikeMe #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa