Little Girl Gone by Stephen Edger


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 477 pages
Expected publication: November 30th 2018 by Killer Reads
About the Book:
It’s every parent’s worst nightmare. Alex Granger only turned her back for a moment – but a moment was all it took for her world to be destroyed. Her two-year-old daughter Carol-Anne has vanished into thin air. Alex’s husband Ray is a detective, so he’s used to dealing with horrific cases. But nothing could have prepared him for this. Forbidden from aiding the inquiry, he is forced to confront the fact that he might never see his daughter again. With no suspects, no DNA evidence and no promising leads, the investigation stalls. Then Alex receives a note, telling her exactly what to do if she wants to see her daughter again… And Alex must ask herself, is she really prepared to do anything to save her child? 


And with that, he climbed out, wanting to hug his wife and tell her everything would be okay, and equally wanting to berate her for losing their daughter.
While I love suspense books, I always find myself solving the crime before it is revealed in the book. This is the first time I was stumped and intrigued all at the same time. Stephen Edger did a great job on Little Girl Gone. The story was well written and had a great plot and characters.

Now it felt like karma or some other force had taken its revenge for her wanting to be more than just a mum.
As an avid reader, I read books in multiple genres. As a lot of thrillers are ever so subtly predictable and slightly boring, that was not the case here. I will admit, it took some time for me to gain momentum with this book, but when it kicked off it took me for a wild ride. The plot twists will keep you reading and the ending will be a revelation. It was incredibly refreshing to be so entranced with a book in this genre.

The act of drawing blood from her own limbs somehow helped alleviate the pressure building inside.
I am still speechless after reading this book. Talk about putting a reader on the edge of their seat from the very first page. I was hooked from page one and constantly trying to figure out what was going on and who was doing what with whom. My heart broke for Alex and Ray when their daughter vanished and no matter how much I thought I knew what was going to happen I was still surprised in the end. I couldn't put this book down, it's filled with emotions, mystery and twists and turns.

Thank you NetGalley, Harper Impulse - Killer Reads and Stephen Edger for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#LittleGirlGone #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman