You Only Live Once by Maxine Morrey

You Only Live Once
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 265 pages
Expected Publication: 14 Jun 2022
By: Boldwood Books

About The Book:
When Lily’s husband dies, she moves to the edge of a tiny village, settling into a solitary life, her only real company her brother and his family. A quiet life becomes her safe space, with no risk of getting hurt. When her brother offers her spare room to his oldest friend, Jack, Lily’s reluctant – but knowing how much she owes her family, can’t say no. A lodger takes some getting used to but to her surprise, Lily begins to enjoy Jack’s company. Slowly but surely, Jack encourages Lily to step outside her comfort zone. But taking risks means facing the consequences, and telling people how she really feels, means Lily might have to face losing them. But as the saying goes - you only live once - and being brave could mean Lily gets a second chance at love.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much. I really felt connected to Lily as we have a few things in common in some ways. I am not a widow but I got divorced and moved close to my brother and his wife after. They helped me pick up the pieces and supported me on my new journey. It was rewarding to see Lily grow as a character, spread her wings, get out of her comfort zone and really find herself.

Parts of this book were sad, parts had me laughing out loud and parts were swoon worthy...it gave me all the feels. The book was a lot of fun with great characters to love and plenty of will they or won't they moments. I actually hugged my tablet when I was done. 

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Maxine Morrey and Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

#YouOnlyLiveOnce #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The One That Got Away by Charlotte Rixon