Not My Daughter by Kate Hewitt


☆☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 316 pages
Expected publication: May 2nd 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
Anna’s hands tense on Alice and she hesitates. In that endless pause, I see all I need to know. She doesn’t want to give Alice to me – not now, and not ever. And part of me doesn’t even blame her. Milly always dreamed of being a mother. Adopted herself, she has always imagined a powerful intimate connection with a child of her own. So when she and her husband Matt are told they can’t have children, her dreams are shattered. But then their loved ones offer the ultimate gift – Milly’s best friend Anna and Matt’s brother Jack will be donors so that Milly can carry a child and finally have a chance to be a mother. And with everyone accepting and open, Milly believes that nothing could could go wrong. Except none of the four people involved are prepared for the feelings that will threaten their most important relationships as their precious, longed-for daughter Alice grows up and receives a heartbreaking diagnosis. Then those who love her best will have to decide what it means to be a parent, and to make decisions with far-reaching and devastating consequences…for Alice, and for themselves.


I really enjoyed A Mother's Goodbye by Kate Hewitt and couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. Kate Hewitt came through once again, I was not disappointed. What I love about this book, and her other books as well, is the characters are so real and believable. Although I read it in one sitting, I didn't want the book to end because I felt like I really knew the characters in the book. Her writing style is engaging, but not too wordy, so it's easy to read and to follow.

In my opinion, you will be hard pressed to find anyone who can rival Kate Hewitt when it comes to writing women's fiction. Her story-lines are always intriguing and pull you in from the very beginning. Her character development is top notch and you feel intimately acquainted and invested in their lives. Throughout the book there were parts which enraged me, made me laugh and sadden me.Kate Hewitt is a writer who knows how to get out our emotions through her words. You will enjoy this book immensely if you like to be pulled into the story emotionally.

Kate Hewitt did a great job creating an authentic, multilayered novel. You can tell she did a lot of research into IVF, postpartum depression and the diagnosis Alice receives. I thought it was very well done and highly recommend it!

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Kate Hewitt for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NotMyDaughter #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa