The Serial Killer’s Wife by Alice Hunter

The Serial Killer’s Wife
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 286 pages
Expected Publication: August 3rd 2021 by Harper 360 - Avon

About the Book:
Beth and Tom Hardcastle are the envy of their neighbourhood – they have the perfect marriage, the perfect house, the perfect family. When the police knock on their door one evening, Beth panics. Tom should be back from work by now – what if he’s crashed his car? She fears the worst. But the worst is beyond imagining. As the interrogation begins, Beth will find herself questioning everything she believed about her husband.

My Review:
She Must Have Known

This story is told from Multiple points of view and two different timelines. We have Tom and Beth in the now, we have Katie and Tom eight years before and we have an unknown narrator...sounds confusing right? It wasn't. Alice Hunter managed all this and still the writing flowed perfectly. 

The further I read the more I liked this book. There were a few surprises and the dialogue felt genuine, even three year old Poppy...that was really refreshing. The pacing of the book is what really hooked  me, I read it in a day and loved the short chapters.

I would recommend this to anyone, because the story was such that I wanted to keep on reading and not put the book down. This was a really good debut and I think Alice Hunter is gonna be a name we will hear of a lot more. 

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Alice Hunter and Harper 360 - Avon for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheSerialKillersWife #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa