Relative Secrets by Helen Stancey

Relative Secrets 
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 226 pages
Expected Publication: September 1st 2021 by Fairlight Books

About the Book:
Mary has a secret that she mustn’t tell. But in a care home, with her mind wandering, she’s starting to slip up. Clearing out her grandmother’s old room, Lucy finds something hidden that wasn’t supposed to be found – a locket sheltering a shameful family secret. She can’t tell her mother. Not with their father gone, one brother absent and another acting up. Her mother was struggling with her mental health just a few years ago. Lucy will have to make sense of it all herself.

My Review:
I just finished this novel by Helen Stancey and it sucked me in from the beginning. I love books where the characters take turns telling the story, so this was perfect. But the characters were so vivid and realistic. I was prepared for some sort of twist because it seemed inevitable but this one threw me for a loop.

I wish I was one who savored a great book slowly but I don't - I devour them, unable to do anything else until the last page is finished, then I'm so sad when it's over...I will miss Beth, Lucy, Daniel and especially the incredible Mary (and Tom). What an intriguing beautifully written story. I fell in love with each of these dear ones. 

I recommend Relative Secrets by Helen Stancey it was an enjoyable read.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Helen Stancey and Fairlight Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#RelativeSecrets #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa