Imperfect Women by Araminta Hall


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 257 pages
Expected publication: August 4th 2020 by Gallery Books
About the Book:
When Nancy Hennessy is murdered, she leaves behind two best friends, an adoring husband and daughter, and a secret lover whose identity she took to the grave. Nancy was gorgeous, wealthy, and cherished by those who knew her—from the outside, her life was perfect. But as the investigation into her death flounders and her friends Eleanor and Mary wrestle with their grief, dark details surface that reveal how little they knew their friend, each other, and maybe even themselves. A gripping, immersive novel about impossible expectations and secrets that fester and become lethal, Imperfect Women unfolds through the perspectives of three fascinating women. Their enduring, complex friendship is the knot the reader must untangle to answer the question Who killed Nancy?


Most love is fantastic. Magical and fantastic. But sometimes love is dangerous. Sometimes it rips out the heart and tramples over your life. Sometimes it is just not worth it.

This book reads more like Literary Fiction than a mystery and I liked that about it. I had the ending figured out within the first third of the book yet it didn't diminish my enjoyment of the book one iota. I’m not sure I feel changed after reading Imperfect Women, but I do feel I learned something. I was reminded about how life is a series of relationships, and how a few of them help shape who we are and how we live our lives. And that thinking about that and acknowledging those who positively influence us is important.

Marriage is very strange. It’s as full of hate as it is love. We can’t possibly speculate at what happens between any couple when all the doors are shut and all the curtains are drawn.

I really enjoyed Araminta Hall first book,, Our Kind of Cruelty and I think fans of that one will enjoy this as well. I was absorbed in the lives of of Nancy, Eleanor and Mary. The events were not always the important part, it was how the characters felt and interacted with others as they grew and learned about themselves ...and some-way, some-how I was enthralled in this book. It was so relatable and real and raw.

Thank you NetGalley, Farrar, Straus and Giroux and Araminta Hall for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa