The Silent Ones by K.L. Slater


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 432 pages
Published July 24th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
This morning, I was packing up lunches, ironing, putting on the laundry I should have done last night. Now my precious daughter is accused of murder. When ten-year-old cousins Maddy and Brianna are arrested for a terrible crime, Maddy’s mother Juliet cannot believe it. How could her bright, joyful daughter be capable of such a thing? As the small village community recoils in horror, the pressure of the tragedy blows Juliet and her sister’s lives apart. And things get even worse when their daughters retreat into a self-imposed silence. Can anyone reach Maddy and discover the truth before her fate is sealed? Juliet is crushed. Nothing will ever be the same for her darling girl. But she knows that to find out what really happened that day, she and her sister must unlock the secrets of their own terrible past, a past they swore never to speak about again.


I thought this story was brilliant, this book was well written and had a great plot that kept the reader invested in the story. You are sucked into the book and it has you turning the pages quickly to discover what will happen next. The mystery is full of shocking revelations and the conclusion was a complete surprise to me. I actually hated most of the characters and that made it fun. I found that the plot twists and the well drawn characters kept me riveted. I found the book quite compelling and was unable to put it down once I got started.

The Silent Ones by K.L. Slater is a chilling psychological thriller with real bite. My heart was pounding, I was horrified at what was happening to the girls and by them. The writing and pace of the story made this a really fast read. I enjoyed how the story was able to surprise me by veering a bit off the typical psych thriller plot line. It was easy to get through this book in a single sitting.

A cleverly crafted, beautifully told tale full of twists and turns, The Silent Ones explores friendship, betrayal, family, and how far parents will go to protect their children. I loved this book and highly recommend it to any fans of domestic suspense or thriller novels as I really enjoyed the fast pace and the incredible twists – especially the end! I loved the book and highly recommend it.

Thank you NetGalley, K.L. Slater and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheSilentOnes #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The One That Got Away by Charlotte Rixon