Forget Me Not by Claire Allan


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Expected publication: May 30th 2019 by Avon Books UK
About the Book:
I disappeared on a Tuesday afternoon. I was there one minute and the next I was gone. They’ve never found my body. It’s six in the morning during the hottest summer on record when Elizabeth O’Loughlin, out walking her dog, comes across Clare, a victim of a horrific knife attack, clinging onto life at the side of the road. Clare dies minutes later, but not before whispering her haunting last words to Elizabeth. When it becomes clear that Clare’s killer has more than one murder on his mind, Elizabeth has to take drastic action or face losing everything. But what if she can’t stop a killer determined never to be forgotten?


This is a story that explores the consequences when a good person makes a bad decision that she finds impossible to live with, and who becomes trapped by the deceptions and manipulations by a psychopath. Frustrations turn to fear and terror that keep the reader guessing and intrigued, and unwilling to put the book down.

I enjoyed the characters and the pace at which the book was presented. The author didn't dwell too long on situations and kept me wanting to know what is next. This book may have been a little predictable, but I still could not put it down. I really loved this book because it was suspenseful, and although a bit predictable, I couldn’t wait to see it play it out.

This is the first book I've read by Claire Allan and I have now added more of her books to my list. The twists are genius and I grew to really care about the main character and her family. Very smooth to read and the action never stopped. As an avid reader, "Forget Me Not" was like a breath of fresh air.

There are so many things to love about this book. The characters were true to life, the plot took off like a bullet and kept me riveted throughout. The twists and turns kept coming, right up to the very end. The main character Rachel was very likable- even though she was so very flawed. The villain was also very entertaining in a dark way- a typical psychopath...handsome, charming, charismatic- and as deadly as they come. I was truly surprised by how good this book was, will definitely be reading more by this author.

Thank you NetGalley, Avon Books UK and Claire Allan for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The One That Got Away by Charlotte Rixon